A service that provides or assists in obtaining various types of transportation for specific needs.
This service provides non-emergency ground transportation as approved by the Division when public transportation is not already required by the service specification. There are two (2) types of transportation: 1) scheduled and 2) on-demand. “Scheduled” transportation is authorized when the Division member needs regular transportation to a day program service or an employment-related service. “On-demand” transportation is authorized when the member needs intermittent transportation to obtain an authorized service or fulfill a mandatory obligation in the member’s planning document [e.g., Individual Support Plan (“ISP”)].
Let our experienced caregivers help your family
We address the needs of individuals with behavioral issues
provides a family-like environment for our residents with special needs. Our home offers several opportunities to receive quality care, counseling, life skills training, employment orientation, and more. With this program, we develop a unique and comprehensive care plan for each resident, hoping we can provide them with a glimpse of hope to face their future with self-esteem.
1) Provide or arrange for transportation of the member to or from an ALTCS-covered service. This includes traveling to and from designated locations to pick up or drop off the member at specified times.
2) Assist the member in entering and exiting the vehicle as necessary. Ensure that the method of transportation being utilized does not compromise the health and safety of the member.
3) Schedule pick-up and drop off times so that the member does not have to wait more than twenty (20) minutes.
4) Notify the member/member’s representative if the driver is twenty (20) or more minutes late or is unable to transport, and have a backup plan in case the scheduled driver or vehicle is unavailable.
5) All methods of transportation allow for a two-way radio or a cellular phone that is adequate for the range of vehicle utilization.
6) The vehicle in which the transportation is provided has valid vehicle registration and license plates and, at a minimum, the State of Arizona-required level of liability insurance.
7) The vehicle is constructed for the safe transportation of the members. All seats are fastened to the body of the vehicle and members are properly seated when the vehicle is in operation. The vehicle has operational seat belts installed that are safe for passenger use. When transporting, members are securely fastened in age-appropriate and weight-appropriate restraints, as required by State law.
8) If the vehicle is used to transport members in wheelchairs, it shall be equipped with floor-mounted seat belts and wheelchair lock-downs or comparable safety equipment for each wheelchair that it transports.
9) Members with special mobility needs are provided transportation in a vehicle adapted to those needs as required to facilitate adequate access to service.
10) Persons providing transportation are a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
11) Sufficient staff is provided for the health and safety of all members being transported, including boarding and non-boarding supervision.
To increase or maintain self-sufficiency, mobility, and the community access of members.
Let our experienced caregivers help your family today. Contact our team to learn more!